Take the next step and prepare yourself for further study or employment
Are you interested in a rewarding career? Our Certificate I in Transition Education course has been tailored to meet industry needs and standards through comprehensive consultation with industry professionals.
Certificate I in Transition Education 22567VIC
This course supports people with special learning needs and helps them develop skills for further study or employment in a supported environment. Student develop social, life and communication skills, and increase their confidence and travel independence in the community. Skills include personal development, basic literacy and numeracy, everyday technology, independent living and vocational and employability skills.
- Further study
- Entry-level open employment
- Volunteer opportunities
This course is restricted to post compulsory school aged learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive and/or intellectual disability. To enrol in this course you will need to obtain a:
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (if required).
You will also need to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
This course is made up of 10 units of competency including 6 core and 4 elective units.
- VU23034 Develop personal goals with support
- VU23035 Explore self-development
- VU23036 Participate in travel activities
- VU23037 Explore future options for further training, work, or community activities
- VU23038 Participate in the community
- VU23039 Use technology for a range of purposes
Training is delivered 3 days a week (excluding public holidays and school holidays) in a blended model (Zoom and face to face) and is delivered over 50 weeks.
View our course calendar to see upcoming intakes for this course.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding for eligible individuals.
Victorian residents may be eligible for government subsidised training in Victoria under the Skills First Funding Program.
Eligibility exemptions and/or fee waivers may be available to:
- Asylum Seeker VET Program
- Eligibility Exemptions Initiative
- Skills First Youth Access Initiative.
|Skills First funded tuition fee||Skills First concession tuition fee||Fee for service|
|Maximum tutition fee||$0||$0||$16,957|
* These fees are indicative and may change according to individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may be required for first aid certificate, police check, Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
A BRACE representative will assist you in determining your eligibility and course fees, a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided to you.
There is no practical placement included in this course.
This training is delivered with funding from the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments. Eligibility criteria apply or training is offered on a fee for service basis. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
RTO Code: 3621