Overcome barriers and gain skills valued by all employers
Are you interested in a rewarding career? Our Certificate I in Work Education course has been tailored to meet industry needs and standards through comprehensive consultation with industry professionals.
Certificate I in Work Education 22566VIC
The focus of this course is to enable students with special learning needs to gain independence and community awareness. Students will gain an understanding of other courses and improve their employment skills.
The Certificate I in Work Education will provide students with a range of practical experience. It will give students them an understanding of basic workplace expectations and prepare them to enter the workforce.
- Further study
- Entry-level open employment
- Volunteer opportunities
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course. However, to enrol you must be willing to obtain a:
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (if required).
You will also need to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
This course is made up of 10 units of competency including 7 core and 3 elective units.
- VU23028 Develop and apply an individual vocational plan with support
- VU23029 Develop personal management skills for work
- VU23030 Participate in vocational activities
- VU23031 Participate in practical placement with support
- MSMWHS100 Follow WHS procedures
- VU22787 Prepare for employment
- VU23032 Develop workplace communication skills
Training is delivered 3 days a week (excluding public holidays and school holidays) in a blended model (Zoom and face to face) and is delivered over 50 weeks.
View our course calendar to see upcoming intakes for this course.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding for eligible individuals.
Victorian residents may be eligible for government subsidised training in Victoria under the Skills First Funding Program.
Eligibility exemptions and/or fee waivers may be available to:
- Asylum Seeker VET Program
- Eligibility Exemptions Initiative
- Skills First Youth Access Initiative.
|Skills First funded tuition fee||Skills First concession tuition fee||Fee for service|
|Maximum tutition fee||$0||$0||$15,960|
* These fees are indicative and may change according to individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may be required for first aid certificate, police check, Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
A BRACE representative will assist you in determining your eligibility and course fees, a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided to you.
Students will participate in 2 to 6 vocational activities.
*You will need to undergo a National Police Check before you begin the practical placement. Practical placement may not be possible if a check that is carried out contains adverse outcomes. In this instance, you may not be able to complete your qualification and your employment opportunities may be affected. If you are aware of, or are concerned about anything that may appear on a Police Check, please discuss this at your enrolment interview.
This training is delivered with funding from the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments. Eligibility criteria apply or training is offered on a fee for service basis. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
RTO Code: 3621