We are committed
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children, including Indigenous children, children with a disability, and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
All members of the BRACE community are responsible for protecting the interests and safety of children, and we have zero tolerance for child abuse. Our child safety policy promotes the seven Child Safe Standards to prevent and respond to child abuse, and create an organisation that supports and protects all children.
- Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- A Child Safe policy or Statement of Commitment to child safety
- A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Screening, training, supervision and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Strategies to promote child participation and empowerment of children.
If you have any questions, please contact our Child Safety Officer on (03) 9781 3388.