Start your enrolment
Talk to us today about your enrolment. We'll get in touch to understand your career goals and aspirations and check the course will help you achieve your plans. You may also be eligible for government subsidised funding under Victoria's Skills First Program.
What is the Skills First Program
BRACE delivers training with Victorian Government Funding (eligibility criteria apply). The Skills First Program is designed to enable students get the skills they need to make them job-ready or undertake further education as well as encourage participation in training to students with barriers to learning. Our BRACE team can help you determine your eligibility for Government Funding and can provide information on all available options to you. We observe equity and access principles and recruit students at all times in an ethical and responsible manner consistent with the requirements of courses.
Am I eligible for government subsidised training?
You may be eligible for government subsidised training in the State of Victoria under the Skills First Program
To be eligible for Skills First training, you must be either:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- a New Zealand citizen
- be physically present in the State of Victoria at all times at which you are undertaking the training and assessment
How much Skillls First training can I do?
There are limits on how much Skills First training you can do:
- You can’t start* more than 2 qualifications in a year
- You can’t do more than 2 Skills First qualifications at the same time.
*This includes courses you start but don't finish.
A student is not eligible for Foundation Skills Program if they:
- Hold a Diploma or higher, issued by an Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) or higher education provider
- Enrolled in the Commonwealth Government’s ‘Skills for Education and Employment' program
There are some Skills First courses where some of the eligibility criteria don’t apply or may be granted an exemption. For more information contact BRACE on 03 9781 3388.
If you are an asylum seeker you may be eligible under the Asylum seeker VET program. For more information contact BRACE on 03 9781 3388.