Gain the skills you need to enter the workforce and support people in your local community
Are you interested in a rewarding career working in your community? Our Certificate II in Community Services course has been tailored to meet industry needs and standards through comprehensive consultation with industry professionals.
Certificate II in Community Services CHC22015
This qualification may be used as a pathway for workforce entry as community services workers who provide a first point of contact and assist individuals in meeting their immediate needs. At this level, work takes place under direct, regular supervision within clearly defined guidelines.
- Support worker (community services)
- Assistant community services worker
- Reception front desk staff
- Customer service staff (community services)
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course. However, to enrol you must be willing to obtain a:
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Australian Citizen
You will also need to provide evidence of your vaccination history, including COVID-19.
This course is made up of 9 units of competency including 5 core and 4 elective units.
- CHCCOM001 - Provide first point of contact
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBWOR202 - Organise and complete daily work activities
Training is delivered 2 days a week (excluding public holidays and school holidays) in a blended model (Zoom and face to face) and is delivered over 20 weeks.
View our course calendar to see upcoming intakes for this course.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding for eligible individuals.
Victorian residents may be eligible for government subsidised training in Victoria under the Skills First Funding Program.
Eligibility exemptions and/or fee waivers may be available to:
- Asylum Seeker VET Program
- Eligibility Exemptions Initiative
- Skills First Youth Access Initiative.
|Skills First funded tuition fee||Skills First concession tuition fee||Fee for service|
|Maximum tutition fee||$0||$0||$2,283.75|
* These fees are indicative and may change according to individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may be required for first aid certificate, police check, Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
A BRACE representative will assist you in determining your eligibility and course fees, a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided to you.
There is no work placement for this qualification.
This training is delivered with funding from the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments. Eligibility criteria apply or training is offered on a fee for service basis. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
RTO Code: 3621